Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mobile Interface?


As I was reading Jason Farman's Mobile Interface Theory, the one term that stuck out to me the most was cocooning. Cocooning refers to the act of taking oneself out of social situation with the usage of mobile devices. Cocooning can be seen on every public form of transportation such as buses and trains. I would say that I am guilty of cocooning. I will perform cocooning when I feel like I am in an awkward situation and I want to mentally be somewhere else. I think the reason why I do this is because of place in space. The place that I am in with many other people makes me feel awkward, and I would like to be anywhere but there. Knowing that I can’t physically move from where I am at, I will take myself out mentally. I might be in the same place as everyone else, but my space is far away. Music helps me create a space in my mind where I can be comfortable. I was able to connect with the term cocooning because it’s something that I do all the time.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment