Friday, April 13, 2012

What I Think


I honestly do not understand this class. As I said already from our first meeting, the concept behind the class was not what I originally thought it would be. I thought the class was mainly about strengthening Drexel’s tie with the surrounding community. What I have gathered from the first meeting is that Neighborhood Narrative kind of goes along that line but then does something different. They want to be involved and communicate with the Lancaster community but also want to incorporate an art element. The art that they want us to do is public art, but I do not know what public art is. I for one do not comprehend how this is possible these two can be brought together. Throughout the first meeting I was confuse about place and space that we are going to focus on. Are we going to somehow with public art and the community does something that deals with place and space? I’m not sure that I like the fact that the class has to decide what we are going to do. Isn’t that the professor’s job? I am willingly to stick with this class only because I want to see what it is actually about. I hope by the end of the term I will come to understand the meaning behind Neighborhood Narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment